Saturday, December 3, 2011

BloggeRhythms 2/3/2011

Herman Cain bowed to intense media pressure today and "suspended" his run for the presidency. I don't know why he used the word, "suspended", because to me that implies he might be back again. However, his comments certainly sounded like he'd packed up for good, including saying he'd endorse someone else in the presidential primary.

As for me, the reasons for his departure, involvement with other women as a married man, haven't been proven by any means, and may never be in the future. And I haven't a clue as to whether they're true or not. In the long run, he might very well overcome the accusations in that regard. But I think, as I've written several times before and mentioned today by Fox News, "under the glare of the national spotlight he fumbled policy questions, leaving questions about whether he was ready for the presidency."

And that's the real rub. Because the nation simply can't afford another inexperienced amateur in the White House. We're all paying dearly for a neophyte's delusions right now. And although Herman Cain is light years more seasoned, competent and proven in economic and business issues than the present incumbent, the job calls for far more than that.

Therefore, as much as I'd like to see someone like Herman Cain in office, bringing a new and refreshing change to the Washington scene, thanks to the horrendous hole we're in, now simply isn't the time. And while I have no idea of what Cain's next position will be, Secretary of the Treasury under President Romney, sounds pretty good to me.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment