Saturday, December 24, 2011

BloggeRhythms 12/24/2011

'Tis the night before Christmas and all through the news,
not one thing of interest for anyone to muse.

So, I thought I'd mention a holiday related item I just read in a book by, Amanda Kyle Williams, a new novelist. The heroine in the story, The Stranger You Seek, is a private investigator who'd previously been employed by the FBI.

Told in the first person and filled with anecdotes, heroin, Keye Street, mentions her mother who in discussing her husband regarding something he did which she thought was foolish says: "Damn fool. It's not enough that he spells out Leon on the roof every year in Christmas lights. Now this!"

She then explains that her father was dyslexic but wouldn't admit it.

I went back and re-read those sentences three or four times and laughed out loud each time I did it. What's more, I thought the whole novel was quite good. You'd probably like it.

And with that, wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and to all a good night.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment