Monday, December 26, 2011

BloggeRhythms 12/26/2011

It's the day after Christmas, but for most the holiday goes on because many businesses and banks are closed, and there's no mail. Nonetheless, the Internet is always working, 24/7/365, which means I can always get the news, even though there's not very much to report.

I did see a story on the Fox News website, however, wherein Mike Huckabee offered his opinions regarding the upcoming Iowa caucus. He presents several alternatives, because he believes that many things other than only policy have an affect on voters, such as the weather (i.e. he says a warm, dry day helps Romney.)

He also thinks folks have to make up their minds as to whether they want to stand firm on social issues at a time like the present, or vote their pocketbooks, which he thinks will over-ride many other factors. But, regardless, on sentiment alone...the real front runner here, Huckabee says, is Ron Paul, and has been for quite some time. 

Now, after I read all this stuff I sat back and asked myself the same question I have every time the Iowa vote comes up. My simple query is: Who cares about what happens in Iowa?

The caucus itself isn't even a real primary election, and even if it was...the winner rarely becomes the candidate because Iowan's tend to prefer hard core conservatives with little national appeal. In fact, last time around, Huckabee won it himself and shortly later dropped out of the race altogether and became a commentator on Fox.

And now having typed all this, because there's nothing else going on at the moment I have to say that I guess the caucus does have some value after all. Because if I hadn't found the article about it this morning, my blog page for today would be blank.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment