Thursday, December 22, 2011

BloggeRhythms 12/22/2011

Since I write a considerable amount of the time, words, language and phrasing are quite important to me. So, consequently, when I read I often analyze text more carefully than others might. And that's why some things, Newt Gingrich, said recently got me to thinking.

As I understand Gingrich's campaign, he's made a promise that he won't permit "negative"comments or actions, either from himself or anyone else involved on his side. And as a result he claimed to be upset when, Mitt Romney, had some things to say about him that he felt weren't very nice  That's why I looked up what Romney actually said, because I was curious about it.

What I found out was that Romney simply repeated facts which demonstrated that Gingrich has flip-flopped fairly often, sold himself out for cash and had a mercurial performance record when in office, to list just a few things from his past. And that's when I had to laugh.

Because if stating the facts, taken from public record, is taking a negative approach, what's an opponent supposed to do? Are they supposed to help their contenders hide the truth?

And that's when it hit me that it's exactly what Gingrich wants to do. He wants to  run a campaign based solely on whatever his spin is today, as if his past never happened. Primarily because he knows that his record will sink him were it to be exposed.

However, right now he's trying to sell the idea to the wrong opponent, because Romney's going to keep on disclosing information documenting Newt's actual past. So that means the only likely one to accept Newt's ground rules is the current president. Because the only prayer the incumbent has for re-election is some miracle happening that expunges his entire disaster of a record in office, which is even worse than Newts.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment