Saturday, June 11, 2011

BloggeRhythms 6/11/2011

As I've written in several entries lately, there are lots of things that go on in our country that I simply don't understand. Now there's another one on my list.

Yesterday, the state of Alabama passed an illegal immigration law reported to be the toughest in the country. In it are three key factors. 1) Public schools will have to confirm students' legal residency status through birth certificates or sworn affidavits. 2) Illegal immigrants are banned from attending state colleges. 3) Transporting, harboring, or renting property to undocumented immigrants will be illegal.

Then, the American Civil Liberties Union of Alabama, said it would challenge the law's constitutionality, which, according to them is "more restrictive than Arizona's."

Now, here's where I get confused. It seems to me that the first word in "illegal immigration," is illegal which I always thought meant against the law. So, if these people are here illegally to begin with, why is The American Civil Liberties Union taking up their case?

Aside from that, what's so restrictive about requiring people to prove they are who they say they are? Real citizens have to do that frequently for all kinds of reasons and the vast majority don't object, because they've done nothing illegal.

This country has had procedures for immigration for a very long time and has no problem whatsoever with immigrants. Provided they play by the rules. And now we have scads of folks entering daily whose first step was to break the law, simply by how they came here.

So, if that's the case, and the ACLU wants to help them no less, why should the rest of us abide by any laws we don't agree with? Because, evidently, according to them anyone can do what they please and receive their support.

So, I'm going to stop typing and go out and rob a bank, then I'm going to tear the tag off my mattress, the one that says "removing this is against the law." Because now I know I can do whatever I want, regardless, and the ACLU will protect me for free. What a country!

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment