Friday, June 10, 2011

BloggeRhythms 6/10/2011

If you look at the news, except for the massive festering problems that keep perking along like unemployment, unbridled national debt, border drug wars, public education's worthlessness and health care going down the chute, there really isn't much going at all. So, that means things barely above trivial value get some headlines.

Right now, one of those items is Newt Gingrich, and whether he'll run for the presidency or not. Yet, as a practical matter he hasn't a prayer of ever getting to the oval office. Folks forgot him a long time ago, unless they're political junkies, and just about the only one who cares if he runs or not is himself. But, if you want a real testimonial of how insiders really feel about him and his chances, just look at his personal staff. On Thursday, they all quit.

Then there's Trump who's like a pebble stuck in my shoe. He means little to anyone, has no real value, and has failed at just about every enterprise he's attempted, however, there's this throbbing pain I keep getting every time he shows up. And I know full well I shouldn't waste any keystrokes on him, yet I do. It's sort of like Pee Wee Herman who affected me like fingernails scraping on a blackboard. That guy meant absolutely nothing to me, yet it seemed every time I turned the dial...there he was. But now that I think of him, I realize I haven't seen him in a while. I guess he must be still in jail.

And, speaking of Pee Wee Herman, that reminds me of the latest pervert who's getting lots of news. These two look a lot alike. And I guess they have lot's of other commonalities too. But if there was anything really important going on aside from the same old, same old, he wouldn't get two words of coverage in the news. In fact, before it all hit the fan, I doubt anyone knew who he was. But now, the guy's all over the place in headlines.

So, I guess this all proves my original point. When there's nothing new going on reporters will scrape the bottom of every barrel looking for something to publish. And they'll even mention people who otherwise aren't worth an iota of ink because they have voids to fill. And I know exactly how that works, because today I did it myself.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment