Friday, September 7, 2012

BloggeRhythms 9/7/2012

As regular readers know, I have no use for politicians regardless of party. However, they have immense control and influence on all citizen’s lives, and especially livelihoods, while garnering the lion’s share of the news. Consequently, they get lot’s of attention from me as well.
 
There’s also the fact that so much of what they do is worth typing about, simply because their general ineptitude is so huge that I couldn’t even make up stories that ridiculous or childish, and I’m a fiction writer by trade.
 
In that regard, today's news is primarily about the incumbent’s speech last night. I didn’t watch him, nor did I bother to view recaps or soundbites because, like everyone else who’s been around for the last four or five years, I’m pretty sure I know what he said. According to him most often, all our problems, regardless of subject, were caused by W. Bush and Romney’s no good either because he lies like a rug.
 
What’s even worse in Romney’s case, he had the nerve to go out and make lot’s of money for himself, become successful, and now worst of all, wants everyone else to have an equal chance to do that too. But to someone like the incumbent, that would be horrible. Because if everyone did well and were happy with their existence, what would politicians, and similar parasites do? My goodness, they might even have to go out and find real jobs themselves instead of bleeding off the tax-paying public for sustenance.
 
There is one issue the incumbent addressed, however, that i do know of, because it was in a slew of headlines on the web. Apparently he said his project wasn’t finished yet, and though to date it’s been incomplete, he should be given another four years to accomplish his goals for the nation.
 
Now, I know he’s said similar things before, and I've written about them because the concept is so completely foreign to me. And that’s because I’ve been involved in sales myself for almost my entire professional career, but have never been able to beg for keeping my job longer to my boss, and the reason is simple –responsible people either produce or they don’t and the production results always speak clearly for themselves.
 
So, when you’re faced with established goals and objectives in the real world and fail to achieve them, only an unskilled amateur would attempt to cover ineptitude with excuses, such as the “dog ate my homework.” That kind of cop-out not only gets you fired, but makes you seem like an immature fool to boot.
 
And then there are the attempts made by poor performers who try to make the case that their predecessor in their territory did such a rotten job that customers hated him and won’t give them -the new guy- a chance to perform. Well, a successful management’s answer to that one is simple too: “We knew all about the guy before you and his problems, which is why we brought you in to do better. But, we didn’t hire you to tell us story’s or point out historical facts, we brought you in to get the job done.  So, the rest is pretty fundamental: produce or get out.”
 
As for myself, there were times I wish I’d been able to create some sniveling excuses for poor performance, and put less effort into striving for achievement. But I never got the chance to rest or cover my failures with BS, whereas I always wanted to accomplish more than the rest by extending my reach and accomplishments.
 
And since all of those things require great deals of time, effort and concentration, perhaps I should have sought a career that demands absolutely nothing but hot air and a guilt-free sense about prevarication and become a politician instead of choosing to work for a living.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment