Thursday, September 20, 2012

BloggeRhythms 9/20/2012

As most regular readers know, my professional background is in marketing and sales. And, over the years I’ve excelled to the extent that I’ve also become a trainer and consultant to businesses and individuals wishing to avail themselves of my experience, as a tool to help improve their own performance. I don’t mention these things to brag or boast of my achievement, they are simply matters of fact.
 
Now, in that regard I’m often asked how I’ve come to know so much, and why is it that others readily seek my counsel. And why is it that my suggestions or opinions are generally so accurate, do I have some kind of sixth sense in business situations? The answer I give them, however, has nothing to do with extraordinary perception, magic formulations or a crystal ball, because I emply nothing more than the most basic common sense.
 
I found out early on in life that, in most cases, the most valuable knowledge comes from hands on experience, attention to detail, and insuring that your mistakes are rarely, if ever, repeated again. In fact, quite often big mistakes are the best teachers of all, because they're the ones you’ll most likely never, ever, wish to live through at all.
 
Another founding block on the road to success for me was doing my best to find, join if I could, and learn everything possible from those who were the greatest achievers themselves. And in that regard, filter through what I learned, retaining the most valuable input for my own use.
 
I also realized within a short time that the harder you work, and the more positive effort you exert, the greater your odds for achievement. Consequently, if those around me were working on five possible opportunities found, and I was working on ten, for example, simple probability alone gave me a two to one chance of doubling their performance. And, what was more, working twice as hard gave me the chance to learn two times more.
 
Now, throughout all this time I’ve never minded or complained about the effort I’ve extended, and I certainly believe that hard work is the singlemost cause of any success I’ve had. And when it comes to helping others, I try to do that through my consultation, writing and even via my blogs at times. However, I do those things by choice and in the case of business arrangements, I expect and receive compensation. Because I did all the required work to attain my position and no one on earth, without equivocation, is “entitled” to get anything from me, unless I specifically choose to donate it.
 
So, in my book,  if you want the rewards of success and the fulfillment of whatever your needs are, go out and earn them yourself like I did. I didn’t compete all my life so that some sludge can sustain from my efforts for free via "redistribution." And in that regard, we’re absolutely even, because, as far as the hopeless, or homeless, or worthless are concerned, I don’t want anything from them either.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment