Sunday, May 19, 2013

BloggeRhythms 5/19/2013

I often mention things learned over time that help me gain perspective in all sorts of personal and business situations. Something particularly beneficial is taking a step back when processing lot’s of information, reviewing what's been received and actually analyzing the information, instead of instantly reacting without being absolutely certain of the all details.
 
While the process may seem quite involved, it's really not. Most often coming down to simply making certain I understand all the facts before proceeding.
 
Since I’ve been doing things this way for quite a long time now, it’s become ingrained, subconsciously working in the background, often causing me to carefully consider things appearing inconsistent or perhaps, ringing untrue.
 
I bring this up today because in trying to avoid, skirt or deflect the mounting piles of scandals surrounding the incumbent, while not only making the case that these situations are all new to him, he’s complaining that they’re taking focus away from his goal of helping the American people.
 
Now, while that certainly sounds like a lofty ambition, I automatically subconsciously paused to absorb and think through what he said.
 
What came through to me was, it seems his idea of “help” is growing the national debt to $17 trillion, while roughly 12% of the workforce can’t find full-time employment. At the same time, bailouts of politically allied businesses helped unionized entities rebuild while investing or hiding significant funds overseas.
 
Add to that strangling regulation from the EPA, who along with 16 other governmental agencies and pressure from outside lobbyists, have kept fuel costs three times as high as they should be, while preventing business growth even more than Jimmy Carter.
 
Then we have the new health care tax that slowly but surely is causing businesses to make do with fewer employees and rely more on part-time help, rather than pay for steadily rising costs of insurance coverage.
 
Aside from all the rest we have the expenses and regulations related to a non-existent, politically motivated farce called global warming. Which is pretty amusing to me, as I sit here typing at the end of May in New York, freezing my tail off amidst a Spring that hasn’t really arrived yet.
 
So, once again, I have to pause and consider what the Incumbent said and what it really means when you think it through. Because, while I truly don’t know which way we’d all do better, I’d have to guess that if these scandals are truly preventing further work on his agenda, we should all pray that they continue to keep piling up. 
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment