Saturday, January 1, 2011

BloggeRhythms 1/1/2011

It's halftime for Penn State/Florida, so I have a few minutes to type. And the game's turning out to be not only good, which I expected, but different too. Because the Nittany Lions are playing much more wide open than they generally do. I expected lot's of run and gun from the Gators, since that's how they always play, but Joe Pa's surprising me. Maybe that's why he has all those wins.

I also clicked through the channels every time a commercial comes on, since I always do that no matter what show I'm watching. And I didn't realize it til then, but 'Bama's in a bowl game too, and eating Michigan State's lunch. It was 28-0 in favor of the Crimson Tide last time I looked. I have a warm spot for that team because that's where Broadway Joe quarterbacked, and Bear Bryant wasn't a bad guy to root for either.

So, for today, so far, so good. Last night was a bit of a downer with South Carolina losing to Florida State, but the Gamecocks aren't really a bowl experienced type of team. But with Spurrier back and focused again, this was hopefully a learning experience. As they say: wait til next year. We'll see.

As for now, I'm going to watch the second half of the game. I assume the half-time babble is over and the talking heads are back in their rubber rooms, or wherever they keep them. But, in closing, if Urban Meyer's last game is a loss to Joe Paterno, it may be very upsetting as far as the game goes, but living legends are hard to beat.

That's it or today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment