Sunday, January 30, 2011

BloggeRhythms 1/30/2011

Saw an interesting blurb go by on TV this morning. I don't remember the station, commentator or interviewee because I was just surfing channels soundlessly when I read the screen. But, I've been thinking about what I read.

I'm sure you can look up the data if you wish, but according to what I saw -women Congressfolks introduce more bills, bring more funds home to their states and generally involve themselves in more things than elected males do. What's more, it seems that this is something they're proud of. So, that got me to thinking about what these Congress jobs are all about.

I've always been under the impression that government's job was to protect the citizenry and the borders, to preserve the peace and establish the guidelines for law. And all those things were pretty much taken care of in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. And, as I've mentioned before, governing originally wasn't even a full time job. The Founding Fathers all had other real businesses or jobs.

So, my question for today is...what exactly is it that these ladies do all day long? Do they sit around looking for things to write laws about? Do they advertise or troll for new ideas to introduce like the ambulance-chasing lizard-lawyers on TV that want to grow their class action suits?

As for me, I don't know very much about what's already been passed into law from a professional standpoint because I'm neither a lawyer or a politician. But it would seem to me, just from what I'm exposed to via the media or word of mouth -there can't be very much left of daily life that isn't already covered somewhere by some kind of legislation.

So, that being the case. Why don't these ladies (and men too), just go back where they came from and stop mucking up everyone's life with worthless legislation. And maybe then the people who really produce, the general population, can go out and get something beneficial done.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment