Sunday, April 1, 2012

BloggeRhythms 4/1/2012

Not a lot going on that's of much interest to me this morning, so I started flipping channels out of boredom. And  as I reached Fox News, a young woman was interviewing a politician from Maryland, but I didn't catch his title or name. However, she was asking about the importance of the recent endorsements of Mitt Romney by a number of Republican leaders including Jeb Bush, his father and Paul Ryan.

As she asked her questions, she mentioned how well Romney seems to be doing in the polls and garnering influential support. Yet, she said, many still claim that he's not "conservative" enough. And that's when I turned off the TV and sat down to type.

Because what really confuses me is that I always thought there were two basic political beliefs within the majority of American voters. Broadly put, one group favored a government that took responsibility for constituents welfare and lives and provided just about everything that people needed to survive. On the other side are those who believe in total free enterprise and self-reliance with as little intervention by government as possible and a minimum of interference.

As for myself, I strongly believe that so long as basic protections are provided, such as police and a fire department, very little else is any of government's business and that folks should simply be left alone to live in any legal manner that suits them. And that's where all this "conservative" BS loses me. Because as far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less about any politicians religious beliefs or thoughts on any kind of personal matters, in fact most of them are too stupid and dense to have any valid opinions in the first place.

So, my question for today is: Why don't these conservatives get off their soap boxes and platforms and just shut up? Because what the country needs at the moment is someone who knows how an economy runs, not a bible thumping, narrow-minded, zealot. And what's more, if one of those self-appointed conservative preachers showed up at my house to tell me how I should live my life, I'd call the cops and have him arrested for trespass.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment