Wednesday, April 11, 2012

BloggeRhythms 4/11/2012

Yesterday's entry started with my questioning why Rick Santorum was still in the race for the Republican presidential nation since it was more than clear he hadn't an iota of a chance of winning. Then, about an hour after I posted my query, he announced a "suspension" of his campaign. And that got me to thinking that this wasn't the first time my thoughts were not only ahead of the curve, they were precisely on the money regarding future outcomes.

In that regard, at present my expectations are important to me as always -but especially so because of the way that I derive them. Because, since I have no crystal ball, can't read minds and haven't a clue as to how to interpret the lines on one's palms or in tea leaves, I rely on simple logic and facts to anticipate future results.

Consequently, yesterday's guess that Santorum would soon drop out of the race had nothing to do with any voo-doo premonition, it was simply the fact that he had no appeal to the general voting public and sounded like a wounded political hack. And what that told me was,  he had to give up pretty soon or would face losing his very own state's primary election.

But far important than that is what my internal barometer indicates now. Because if my process of analyzing data and using the results to presuppose future events really works, I think things are looking better today for the country than they have for quite a long time now.

And that's because it doesn't matter to me what poll results say, or pundits predict or especially what candidates spout, I truly believe folks decide for themselves and cast their lot in their own best interests as they should.

Therefore, right now the economy's the worst it's been since Carter, and the health care bill that was rammed through is likely the worst legislation ever concocted. Beyond that, the incumbent tends to alienate everybody somehow or other through incompetent, inane legislation on a daily basis. So, since there's nobody in the nation he hasn't harmed one way or another so far, simple logic tells me there's nobody left to vote for him except maybe his wife.

Thus, after the coming election in November when I look back on my predictions and find they came true, I won't pat myself on the back and say "Gee, that was brilliant." I'll simply sit back and acknowledge that it you want to make good guesses, it makes real sense to stay aware of what really goes on in the news every day. 

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment