Thursday, December 2, 2010

BloggeRhythms 12/2/2010

Sometimes I'm very slow on the uptake, and don't really spend the time I should on important matters. As a result, I get surprised now and then by things I really should have known more about.

That's why this afternoon, after representative Boehner made his comments calling the Democrat's back-room approach to tax extensions "chicken crap," I listened in to a commentator. And that's when I realized that I didn't realize the effect of not extending tax cuts to those earning more than $250,000.00 per annum. Because I thought the argument was about individual income tax only for those in that category, but I was entirely wrong.

Although I'm reasonably familiar with tax application, having spent thirty-five years or so in the finance business, it's been a while since I've brushed up on the law. And as for myself today, I trust the folks I get advice from on tax matters and don't spend nearly the amount of time on those issues as I used to. So that's why I didn't realize that it's not only individuals subject to additional taxes if the cuts aren't extended, it also applies to a significant number of Sub-Chapter S corporations and other forms of organization where business proceeds are treated as personal income to the owners.

Consequently, this whole approach of demonizing the "rich," while ridiculous on its own, is really worse because it's a sham and a scam as well. The ones throwing mud on people who have the nerve to succeed, and who spend their lives trying to figure out how to have someone else carry their weight, are not only demonizing top-earners, they're also seeking to steal from the folks running the small business that are the backbone of this whole country.

So, that leads me right back to my running question of late. How incredibly dumb do you have to be to shoot a goose that lays golden eggs when you haven't a prayer of replacing it? And, even if you could replace it, why would you want to when you've got one now? I repeat, small businesses fund this country in more ways than you can count. So I would think it would be much simpler and far more beneficial to stop funding projects like finding out why wildflowers don't grow in the winter or how many congress folks brains can fit on the head of a pin. And, after that, slam a lid on all government projects that don't involve the physical safety of the population.

But, above all, the vast majority of those involved in writing our laws have all sold out long ago for personal gain, and the good of the nation has never been high on their priority list to begin with. So they'll just go on playing their games and pointing fingers while their disastrous maneuvering sends us all further and further down the chute.

Nonetheless, I still get this vibration or feeling that I keep writing about. And as each day goes by, more and more information impacts the public. Consequently, sooner or later, the forty percent undecideds, joined by the twenty percent un or under employed will boot these frauds out on their tails and this country will again run like it ought to.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment