Tuesday, December 14, 2010

BloggeRhythms 12/14/2010

Sometimes I amaze myself at how little I understand about many things. And one of those things is how politics really works. Because I've been concerned for quite a while now about the state of our economy, and the fact that the government has done nothing to really help it. So, I've had little hope that the situation would improve.

And then, this morning, while I was watching the news and seeing how the Democrats had loaded up the tax cut extension with pork and costly riders to pay back special interests of theirs, I came to realize that the answer to fixing our problems was right there on my TV screen.

Because the first blurb that went by said that the most recent polls show that 60% of the voting public wants the new health care bill repealed. And right after that, a screen said that the Democrats would vote against the tax cut extensions unless the "wealthy" gave up far more of their assets after death than currently called for. Which is also a quite unpopular stance.

So, despite the fact that I'm well aware that typical politicians aren't happy unless they're stealing from folks whom really work for a living, and that their major goal is seeing how much they can gain for themselves, I completely missed the point that this time around, they've destroyed themselves.

Because if the tax bill passes with all the fat that's in it now, I believe voters will remember how they were ripped off again, and reflect that at the polls next time around. But, if the bill gets held up because Dem's want to take another pound of flesh from the "rich," that will add to the revolt against them and help insure their departure from office. And, if at the end, they stop passage completely, they're over altogether.

So, as I said at the start, at the moment politicians are really doing us all a huge favor. Because by standing against those things that will surely help the nation, and holding us all hostage so that they can enrich themselves, they're committing political suicide. And for us in the public, it doesn't get better than that.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment