Sunday, December 12, 2010

BloggeRhythms 12/12/2010

I don't get very much feedback from readers of this blog, so it's hard for me to determine what those folks think. But, at least I know one person's been logging in. Because for quite some time now I've been writing that I think the population's sick, tired, and fed-up with all politicians, and in fact, I truly expect some kind of revolt. And, none other than Senator John McCain declared today that he agrees with me, although he gave me no credit.

He said that while he'll support President Obama's tax cut compromise, he's not happy about all the pork and earmarks being loaded into it and he predicted that "Unless we satisfy the message of this last election, you will see the rise of a third party."

He also said most Americans think Congress has not responded to the message voters sent this election. To "Stop the spending, keep the taxes low, end the corruption, have some fiscal discipline, and start making some tough decisions about this debt that we have laid on every man, woman and child in America."

While I certainly agree with the senator about how disgusted voters are with all the damage politicians have historically done, I'm not so sure his thought about "Unless we satisfy the message of this last election" matters. Because I think by now folks are absolutely certain about what politicians are all about, and consequently won't support them no matter what they say or do. And, this time, smoothing the damage over with rhetoric simply isn't going to work.

Now, I obviously have no clue as to what will actually happen in the next election, nor can I make any predictions. Nonetheless, I truly expect a huge purge of "professional" politicians, and if that doesn't keep the country moving in the right direction for it's inhabitants, I can guarantee another major purge to follow. What's more, even John McCain can understand that.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment