Saturday, December 11, 2010

BloggeRhythms 12/11/2010

I was told yesterday that harping on the tax cut deal is getting boring, and that I ought to find something else to type about. I thought it was very good advice, and planned to do exactly that. Except, after spending considerable time seeking something else of interest, I struck out. Perhaps the upcoming holidays have put just about everything else on hold, or maybe the rest of the world's become complacent, but I've not been able to find anything out there, even of minor interest.

Then again, over the last few days I really haven't been harping on the tax bill itself, I've simply been using it to illustrate the significant difference in how people think. Because I believe that the fierce desire to steal from the successful to support the dregs is fundamentally wrong. And the power of those who connive, wheedle, whine and maneuver to obtain huge shares of other's earnings and assets stems simply from the fact that there are scads upon scads of losers compared to a much smaller population of winners. So, naturally, losers get more votes simply because of their number.

But, as I've been writing for the past few days, I think that balance is shifting because, although the losers are still making voluminous noise, they've taken so much from so many that the bar keeps dropping to qualify as a winner. In fact, you no longer have to have much financial success to become a target. What that means is, the group being targeted by the losers is growing by default. And for the folks in that group to have any hope of retaining much of what they earn, they have to revolt at the polls or elsewhere. And, I think that's what's happening now.

To support my conclusions to myself, I think about how what I see around me appears, and then try to determine why that should be. Thus, without going through a whole series of analytics and suppositions, I try to figure out what the simple facts say to me. That's why when a whole political segment of the nation can't produce a valid reason for why they're entitled to the rewards of someone else's labor, I tend to question the basis of their beliefs. And when the major reason that this segment of the population despises those who succeed is simply because they're successful, I have to question that thinking too. Because I always thought that that was a fundamental building block of our nation...to be free to reach any goals you're capable of without unwarranted intrusion, and to reap whatever the reward.

Since we're still two years away from the next election, except for the squawks and infighting nothing much is going to happen right now on the political scene. But, I believe a foundation's being laid at present for that coming showdown. And, when folks cast their votes next time my bet is they'll seek people they think will help them keep more of what they themselves earned, because they can no longer afford the costs of all the losers.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment