Thursday, May 5, 2011

BloggeRhythms 5/5/2011

I was going to write about today's subject on Tuesday, but UBL's demise preempted that entry. And, there were actually two of my favorite interest's involved; the state of education in the U.S. and Jeopardy, by far my favorite TV show. In fact, the show's just about the only one for which I turn the sound on, because otherwise I can't hear the answers.

I can also pass on a Jeopardy tip, for those who don't do it already. I don't watch the show in real time, I save it on DVD. Then, a half hour later, I can zip right through all the contestant interviews and ads without wasting my time, and view only the contest itself. Beyond that, this way the show only takes fifteen, or less, minutes to watch.

But, back to the subject. For this week, and maybe next, all the contestants are teachers and on the first day, there was a taped message from O'bama himself, praising their work and value and remarking that they're underpaid for the work they do. So, that got my week off to a great start, because I've been ranting for as long as I can remember about how poor our educational system is, how tenure keeps all kinds of dead wood in front of our students, and curriculum's have been watered down to less than worthless pap. In other words, the value of what's "taught" in our schools is just about zero, which equates roughly to the I.Q. of today's teachers.

And then, there was the show itself. First of all, I've been watching Jeopardy for a very long time, and I can't prove this, but it seemed to me the answers were far simpler than they typically are. For example; things like Jack and Jill went up the ?

I feel as I do about the simplicity because, as a regular viewer, I pretty much know what my own performance rate is, and for the past three days I've done exceptionally well. In fact, I've run several categories without error and only really faltered on stuff I have no way of knowing about, such as stars of current movies, TV shows, or rock groups and things like that. So, I know I haven't gotten any smarter in the last few days, consequently; the subject matter must have been watered down to make these dunces look good.

However, despite the easiness of the contests, these "educators" still aren't too accomplished. In fact, last night one was so dumb she lost money, and was disqualified from the final answer. Another one on the same show also did quite poorly, however, one guy was actually pretty impressive compared to the rest. But that only goes to prove my underlying point. Only one out of nine contestants so far seems to have any knowledge at all.

Thus, in the end, I have to wonder why these people would agree to come on the show at all, and expose their ignorance nationwide. Because if truth be told, these folks have proven without question that educator's have been ripping us all off for years now, and what's being done in Indiana, Illinois, Nevada and everywhere else to stop the gouging is correct.

So, maybe that's Alex Trebek's real plan; to help the nation by exposing these frauds and dunces for what they actually are, thereby illustrating that these barely literate oafs are nothing more than glorified baby sitters with union support.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment