Friday, May 27, 2011

BloggeRhythms 5/27/2011

After all these years, and all I've seen and heard, it still amazes me how politicians just don't care about anything except themselves. Because, regardless of who spins it or what party they're in, anyone who's IQ is bigger than their shoe size understands that the country's got to reduce it's debt or face extremely dire consequences. Not the least of which is winding up under extreme influence from China who's quietly sitting there buying up every cent of our future obligation that it can, in hopes of gaining control of our nation through finances.

To help prove the point, just yesterday, Bill Clinton was pressured by White House officials to retract some comments he'd made that the U.S. government could default on its debt for a few days without "calamitous" consequences. The officials believe that the comments could be used by some congressional Republicans who resist the administration's push to raise the $14.3 trillion borrowing limit, and have been arguing that allowing the deadline to pass wouldn't be as catastrophic as the administration has warned. So, judging by the official's reaction, the country's dire situation doesn't matter, only the politics do.

Along the same lines, I met with a long time friend yesterday whom I haven't seen for a while and who really doesn't read my daily entries. So, while talking, I brought him up to date on my opinions regarding the nation's current horrendous condition and highlighted key issues I mention all the time in my writings. When I was through with my diatribe, he said when it's all put together like that it sounds like a total rebuke of the current administration, their policies and their results. I replied that indeed, it was.

So, my friend said, in view of your strong feelings that our nation's ills are the fault of the current incumbents, which Republican would you vote for of the current contenders? I replied, that if, unfortunately, these are the best candidates that party can muster, especially if someone like Trump, Gingrich or Palin actually got the nomination, I'd just as soon vote for O'bama.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment