Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BloggeRhythms 1/29/2013

Frankly, I had some trepidations about yesterday’s entry. Because although I’ve often brought up questionable acts on the part of the Clinton’s, especially Bill, my ending seemed a bit harsh to put in public writing when I wrote: “But Hillary’s body count is only four in Benghazi. Therefore, it seems to me that perhaps she really did an excellent job if the basis for measurement is her cost in American lives.”
 
But reading an article just now by Breanna Edwards of Politico on-line, I concluded that perhaps I needn’t have been concerned at all because she quoted South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham’s opinion given to Greta Van Susteren Monday on her show “On The Record.”
 
The Senator said “He wasn’t impressed with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s testimony at the Benghazi congressional hearing.” And that she “got away with murder in my view. She said they had a clear-eyed view of the threats. How could you have a clear-eyed view of the threats in Benghazi when you didn’t know about the ambassador’s cable coming back from Libya?”
 
So, I guess, by comparison my thoughts were right in line with someone having far better input and information than I had.
 
Another noteworthy item appeared on Fox News on-line today saying the “State Department has closed the office working on shutting the Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba. A final acknowledgement that the Obama administration will not spend its political capital this term on closing the military prison.”
 
I mention this because it’s one more campaign promise dropped by the incumbent who’s stock in trade is a series of endless speeches and words that most often don’t come to pass. And I guess that’s a very good thing, because not only is Guantanamo an excellent place to isolate terrorists, but each of POTUS' initiatives actually enacted costs the tax-paying part of the public a significant fortune, thus his failures are pretty good for all the rest of us.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment