Sunday, August 5, 2012

BloggeRhythms 8/5/2012

I’ve mentioned Chick-fil-A several times in the past few days because of the way in which their president’s position on freedom of opinion has stimulated significant numbers of people to support his business. 

And I believe that the support that’s been shown is a very strong indication of the mood of an extremely large segment of the general population regarding the political bias in the press, the attempts of politicians to alter or stifle free thought, and the heavy-handed manner in which special interest groups insist on ramming their causes down the throats of any whom disagree with them.

And in that vein, I had a flash-back this morning to a speech by  President Richard Nixon, in November 1969, where he said, "And so tonight-to you, the great silent majority of my fellow Americans-I ask for your support.”

I mention his plea because I’m quite sure that the same unrest exists among lot’s of folks right now who are totally fed up with those whom are trying to inflict their causes upon them. However, those same folks don’t choose to go public about them. Which is why I think a huge backlash will take place in November when today’s “silent majority” casts its votes at the polls.

What’s more, the strongest indication of that likelihood, and a significant reason for my interest in Chick-fil-A as a benchmark, is that while they’re continuing to set records in sales, the opposing “kiss-in” on Friday was an absolute and total bust because practically no one beyond a hard-core few even bothered to show up. And that, for me, is a very clear indication of future trends.

That’s it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment