Tuesday, August 21, 2012

BloggeRhythms 8/21/2012

Nothing much of interest going on in the news, but I did see mention on several websites that the incumbent’s campaign is outspending his rivals significantly.

And although I’ve noted the subject before, I got to thinking again about the whole aspect of political ads and their worth. Because I still don’t understand how anyone who has even the merest capacity to think, or pays the slightest attention to what goes on around them, is going to be swayed by any kind of ad or promotion that presents premises in conflict with the facts or the truth.

In that regard, and I’ve noted this before too, I’m reminded of the end of Saddam Hussein's reign in Iraq, when the news commentator on the government station assured the viewing audience that their side was winning the war and in absolute control of the nation. And as he was speaking, U.S. troops took over the studio and hauled him out at gunpoint, alive and in color for all to see everywhere on the globe.

So, whereas I think that folks simply don’t buy the hype, smoke and downright BS continually thrown at them 24/7/365 regardless of the subject, service or product, I have to ask: What’s the point of all the political advertising? Because today, people have too much exposure, direct input and hard information to accept whatever it is that biased presenters throw at them in any kind of ad or promotion.

And along those same lines, I have to wonder exactly how good voters think a presidential incumbent is for them who’s telling them all the things wrong with an experienced successful business investor, when they’re watching the TV ad while waiting for an unemployment check to arrive.

So, I guess a significant problem for the administration this time around is, their story about hope and change is getting clearly refuted by the facts.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment