Sunday, October 9, 2011

BloggeRhythms 10/9/2011

If nothing else, it seems to me the current administration has a disconnect with significant numbers of the American population. Because program after program and plan after plan, seem to be turning many more folks off than they turn on. So, I have no clue where they get their input from, but if I were them, I'd tear up my whole game plan and start over again.

In that regard, I saw a blurb that says they sent a fund-raising email to New York City residents that reads, "Here's something you don't have in common with 15,049 other supporters of this movement who tell us they live in New York, NY. These donors "had their own personal reason for giving," and reiterated that "our records show that you aren't one of the 15,049 people where you're from who have stepped up for 2012."

Now, I was born and raised in that town, and realize that over the years the population's changed a lot. But, nonetheless, some things have remained pretty much the same. And if there's one thing experienced NYC dwellers understand, it's to avoid contact with just about everyone they don't really know. Because more people live in most buildings than populate entire hick towns. And that means that someone on your very apartment floor could be an axe murderer, con artist or thief, deranged sociopath or worse...fund raiser for some kind of campaign, cause or other kind of contribution seeker. Which all means, avoid them at just about all costs.

I myself was born in the city, and lived in an apartment house for twenty-three years in one of the best neighborhoods in Manhattan. And during that time didn't know the names of 99% of the people who lived in my building, and certainly not a soul residing anywhere else on my block. However, I surely knew plenty of neighboring kids, because we played together out in the street. But, when the end of the day came, they all went home, to where I couldn't tell you, because I didn't know except for one or two.

And that's why I wonder why the administration's fund raisers think that any New Yorker would care a whit about what some other folks did, simply because they lived in the same neighborhood. Yet, as far as personal residency's go, there's one I'm sure most folks living everywhere would like to see vacant ASAP: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment