Thursday, October 18, 2012

BloggeRhythms 10/18/2012

Nineteen days to go to the election, and I obviously don’t know how you feel, but I’m so tired of reading and typing about this campaign I’d rather watch paint dry.
 
In the meantime, however, according to a Gallup poll released today Mitt Romney leads the incumbent 51% to 46% nationwide, with Romney’s trend line heading up and the incumbent’s sliding the other way. These numbers of course do not reflect results of Tuesday night’s debate which may reverse the statistics.
 
As for me, I still have significant doubts about the accuracy of the majority of the information presented to the public, regardless of the provider. Because biases and filters exist within every source of data presented -no matter their preferences- although quite often it can be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to figure them out. And that’s why I try to apply basic logic to what I see and hear, no matter the source, and not simply accept what others strive to make me believe.
 
So, in the preceding regard, that’s why I’ve felt for a very long time now that the incumbent’s days are numbered. And it has very little to do with Mitt, although he happens to be an ideal candidate at this particular time whereas his prior business successes are a huge plus. However, since there’s hardly anything the incumbent’s done while in office that’s a success, it’s my belief that he’d lose no matter who he ran against.
 
When all’s said and done though, I still have one disappointment, and that’s in regard to the debates. Because since I’ve been so convinced that the incumbent will lose the election based on job performance from the start, I now have nothing to offer as proof of my point. And that's because these three boring back and forth’s between the candidates will be credited to the extent that they might be seen as actually having some determining value of their own.
 
But perhaps the debate issue doesn’t make sense to me because of my background, whereas I’ve always been measured by results and not the sound of my voice. And to tell the truth, now that I think about it, it could be I’ve been wrong for a very, very, long time now. Because if I had been able to get by simply spewing hot air instead of actually getting the job done, who knows…I might have wound up president of the U.S. myself.
 
That's it for today folks.
 
Adios 

No comments:

Post a Comment