Friday, October 12, 2012

BloggeRhythms 10/12/2012

Didn’t watch the debate last night, and was planning to watch Pittsburgh play the Tennessee Titans instead, however I fell asleep quite early and missed the game as well.
 
Nonetheless, and much as I expected, I didn’t miss much of substance as far as the debate goes according to today’s recaps. However, despite that I’ve received most of my input from stories on Drudge on-line, it seems the consensus of reporters was an old political hack rudely dismissing the points expressed by a much younger, serious contender, and the ancient curmudgeon's attempts to override facts with inane laughter and ill-timed interruptions. All of which added up to a sitting vice president demeaning the status of his office and coming off as immature, hostile, stubborn and questionable regarding truths.
 
However, while perusing other stories, also on Drudge, I came across one which really got me to thinking. Because, apparently all taxpayers, regardless of party, are paying for instruments known as “obamaphones” which are mobile devices given free of charge to the poor. And if that’s correct, it seems to me that all taxpayers, regardless of their personal political preferences, are helping subsidize the incumbent's reelection campaign, because he’s getting credit for the gifts and in that way buying votes with everyone else’s money.
 
I’ve inserted a link to the story which you can read and decide for yourself. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/10/carlos-slim-worlds-richest-man-gets-richer-supplying-obamaphones-to-poor/
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment