Saturday, July 14, 2012

BloggeRhythms 7//14/2012

The latest buzz about Mitt Romney’s coming VP selection puts Condoleezza Rice at the top of many pundit’s lists, and I’m sorry I didn't think of her as a prime candidate myself. Because she’s likely the best candidate of all of those supposedly in the running.  Her foreign affairs experience as “W” Bush’s Secretary of State alone rounds out a major lacking in Mitt just about perfectly.

However, aside from my agreement with the possible choice, I’m mentioning her today because of an item I read in the Wall Street Journal on-line wherein Conservative activist Bill Kristol “said he was ‘ambivalent’ about the idea of picking Ms. Rice, saying he has had some differences with her on foreign policy.”

He then went on to cite her high approval ratings in polls and said, "As a cold blooded political matter, you look at that kind of number and what she could do for me, and you have to be a little bit tempted if you were Mitt Romney."

And that’s where I stopped reading and looked his history up before starting typing because although I’ve never paid a lot of attention to Kristol who appears frequently on TV commentary panels, I’ve always thought him as condecending, elitist, smug, smarmy and exceedingly boring.

And what I found about him is pretty much in line with what I should have expected, because he’s been a journalist, editor and commentator most of his life with no practical experience whatsoever that I could find regarding what he comments about. And although highly educated in top rank schools, he’s never been a responsible policy or decision-maker, other than in his publishing business.

So here we have another case where some back-seat pundit with no practical knowledge regally comments about the qualifications of someone highly experienced, yet has no personal basis to draw on whatsoever. And, as for me, Kristol’s opinion about Condoleezza is just about the same as Pee Wee Herman critiquing Joe Namath’s Super Bowl win.

That’s it for today folks

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment