Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BloggeRhythms 7/11/2012

I’m not so sure I buy the administration's demand that the “rich” must pay their “fair share” in taxes, because I have no idea whether or not they already meet that criteria. And, without an individual taxpayer audit, no one else knows either. I do know, however, that approximately 60% of the population pays no taxes whatsoever and isn’t expected to in the future.

But, it isn’t the administration’s constant whining and demand for successful folks money that bothers me so much, it’s the concept of their premise itself that drives me nuts.

Because in most cases, those who are being hounded for money have received it as a result of accomplishment, yet those demanding it are total failures, which to me turns the American concept upside down. And I think if you told the Founding Fathers, who came and  built the nation because the British taxed them unconscionably, that the cycle was repeating itself tax-wise, they’d start loading their guns again.

But what’s even worse is the reason the nation now needs the funds at all. Because it’s the result of gross ineptitude, immaturity, and a total lack of understanding of the nation’s economy that are the cause.

So, here we have a situation where so-called “leaders” without an iota of governance capability have broken the financial back of the strongest fiscal system known to man. And having amassed almost 16 trillion dollars in debt, still need to more to pay for their mistakes. Yet, their tag line is that the successful have to pay their “fair share.”

Thus I have only one question for the demand that successful folks pay even more than they do now to cover incompetent’s mistakes. I’d really like to know what the losers plan to do after they’ve tapped all the winners out.

That’s it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment