Saturday, June 2, 2012

BloggeRhythms 6/2/2012

Another miserable jobs report was released yesterday. This one, for May, surprised many, including the administration, showing the smallest increase in a year, while estimates for the two previous months were also lowered.

As a result, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 274.88 points, or 2.2%. Investors switched to U.S. Treasury bonds instead, pushing down yields to the lowest level ever, finishing at 1.467%.

I mention this because the president was out making speeches somewhere as usual and naturally blamed Congress for the unemployment problem. And although I’ve not researched all of his remarks, I’m sure he must have blamed “W” too, which brings me to my point.

I recollect writing this in the past, but I think it’s worth noting again that the incumbent’s continual avoidance of taking blame for the economic problems he’s caused remind me of the young lad who shot both his parents and then begged for the mercy of the court because he was an orphan.

However, without listing a page of regulations, penalties and roadblocks he’s inflicted on the business community since day one of his term in office, I’m quite sure that most voters are well aware of who’s responsible for the morass the nation’s in.

But, what I truly don’t understand is how anyone, politician or not, can sit back and watch the disintegration of the world’s greatest economy and not change an iota, although his ideas have proven wrong every step of the way. And what’s more confusing than even that is trying to figure out what he could possibly gain when the nation’s back is broken completely

That’s it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment