Wednesday, October 20, 2010

BloggeRhythms 10/21/2010

Lucky for me that there's nothing of interest going on anywhere, because today my time's really stretched. Because like Ludwig Mies van der Rohe the architect said, "the Devil's in the details" and to paraphrase Thomas Edison, although I'm certainly not talking about "genius" here, but creating something worthwhile is certainly one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.

I've mentioned earlier that the off-the-shelf programming available today is incredible, simply because so many functions have been formulated and structured to where folks can do all kinds of tasks themselves. But, that's the "big" picture. Because, although you might now have the capability to program all kinds of necessary and valuable tasks down to simple keystrokes, what do you do with the system you've built?

For example, I might be able to send an email to a thousand folks in a heartbeat, by touching a couple of keys on my keyboard. But, who are the recipients, and are they of any value, and how do you identify them? And that, my friends, is where the devil is, because loading, reviewing and organizing that data is a job right from his home office.

So, while the president treks of to California to help Barabara Boxer, then goes to see if he can salvage Harry Reid's job for him, and then visits a few more electoral districts, I'm going to be sitting here, keystroke by keystroke building a program that might well revolutionize some marketing techniques. Provided I have fingers left after I've finished the process.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment