Thursday, July 29, 2010

BloggeRhythms 7/28/2010

Got down to the last few steps of data transferal yesterday, and like always, the glitches are simple software procedures that blow up if you miss a keystroke. None of the fixes are difficult, they just consume humongous, repetitive time. Consequently, for the first time I missed my blog entry deadline.

Anyway, I did see an item in the news that I wanted to address, so I'll note it now.

Flipping news channels I saw some guy being interviewed and a blurb go by that seemed favorable to the administration in the court ruling on Arizona's immigration law. The message went on to highlight some key words that I thought were confusing. Because, as I understand it, what the judge said was that four issues were to be pended until the various open cases are adjudicated in court. The interviewee, however, evidently was stating that the judge's decision was a flat-out, exciting and critically important win for the administration.

So I was about to turn the sound on when another blurb goes by saying the interviewee is a democrat consultant who served in the Clinton administration. So, then it all made sense. Here's this biased flack going on and on about a victory when all that was won was the right for both the administration and Arizona, and whoever else has filed a suit, to make their cases in court. And true, until then four sections of Arizona's new immigration law have been put on hold, but they haven't been completely overruled. And that's not for this judge to even decide, each case and potential later appeals will take place in specific other venues.

So, I guess my point is that you have be very careful when people are throwing their version of spin at you, and be sure to learn the real truth before you swallow their stories. Because if you don't, you'll start believing all the hype and noise that gets broadcast whether its true or not. In fact, you might even be led to believe that Donald Trump is worth more than a quarter.

That's it for yesterday folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment