Saturday, July 24, 2010

BloggeRhythms 7/24/2010

As mentioned Thursday, my wife's closed her store. And although that's been done, that doesn't mean things stop, because they certainly don't.

As far as I'm concerned, I spent little to no time regarding the day to day operation of her enterprise. My involvement was limited to areas where my professional expertise could be of additional help, most often regarding things like advertising, promotion, finance, banking and general business matters. As far as retailing itself went or dealing with shoppers themselves, I had no clue and still don't. I never spent any time at all in the sales area of the store, as large as it was, confining myself to my wife's desk, computer system and office equipment.

Now, all that's in a state of change, because there are plenty of things to do regarding new business opportunities, but for now at least, they're all going on in my house.

I've spent three full days so far hauling boxes of stuff ranging from office supplies to DP equipment to sales and marketing materials to shelving, racks and stands into our home. Beyond that there's re-routing email and web-based information and data and moving files between computer systems. There's nothing really difficult about it, it just consumes enormous amounts of time.

As far as time itself goes, I've had a particular problem most of my life, especially when it comes to business issues. I can't stand leaving anything undone that's within my control. So, whether things that I'm doing now really have to be finished quickly or not, I can't let them just sit there. And, if it takes fifteen or twenty hours a day, that's all right too.

Because my goal is to get whatever needs doing out of the way, and then moving on to something else. And that's another thing none of my employers or co-workers ever had to worry about in my case, everything always got done when or before it was due, and not because of my work ethic, I'm simply fanatical about not having any undone things hanging over my head. Thus, my hang-up benefitted us all.

In the meantime, all the busywork doesn't leave much blog-time, so I'm going to split now. Besides, the download I was waiting for just finished, so I'm completely out of time for typing.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment