Tuesday, July 27, 2010

BloggeRhythms 7/27/2010

It's a good thing there's no news, because I'm just about key-stroked out from transferring data, setting up new accounts and dealing with a zillion system odds and ends. And, so far, just about everything necessary has been done on-line.

It makes me think back to olden times when you actually had to deal with people to get things done. So everything took five times as long and there were always lines of others waiting in front of you. Today, you just click on a website, do what you need to and click off. And fortunately, most of our programming is updated to current versions, so with only one exception, most everything else got done in a flash. So, the problems I've had aren't due to software glitches or DP black holes, it's just that there's so many programs in our systems it takes time to update, redirect and interface them all.

The funny thing is that over the past twenty years almost everything in my life has been converted to some kind of program or other. My calenders, my schedules, appointments, record-keeping, business data, finance, checking and everything else I can think of has been automated, and so have my wife's. I automated her business twenty years ago, and my daughter developed her web site shortly later.

As for me, I only pay one bill by check a month because everything else takes care of itself and this one particular payee has a stone-age mentality. But, maybe they'll eventually learn how to get funds in quicker and earn more on the float, who knows. It's not my fault they missed the effective-money-management boat.

I also haven't actually dialed a phone in years because every number is programmed in one or more ways, and dials itself. And, if some number isn't there I'm stuck. Fortunately, nobody out there cares whether I call them or not, so my system works fine for me.

In the meanwhile, my hands going to numb in about two minutes from typing all day. So I'm going to sign off now before I become totally useless. And I don't want to be totally useless because then I'd have to change my name to Trump.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment