Friday, March 19, 2010

BloggeRhythms 3/19/2010

March 19th and global warming seems to have finally reached the Northeast. I don't want to jinx myself by writing that the possibility of snow has finally gone, because I've been around too long. So I know that we could get another cold snap anytime in the next few weeks. But, for the next couple of days anyway, it looks like spring weather's predicted.

Health cares still all over the news and from what I've seen reported the Dem's say they'll be able to pass it, no problem, except for the six or seven votes they're short. Now it's expected that a vote will take place over the weekend, perhaps to somehow ram it through behind closed doors. That should sit well with the general populace whom are reportedly 75% against passage.

I guess the administration is taking the approach that it knows better than the people as to what's best for them, so they're invoking the upper hand. That's the same position my parents took when I was in my formative years. Interestingly enough, as far as my own case is concerned, the actual outcome illustrates that they weren't right about me once. Not even close. Didn't have clue one. Fortunately I became succesful despite their helping hands.

Then of course there's the trevails of Tiger, and the question: Will he show up at the Masters tournament? I think the premise that he won't is ridiculous. There's too much money involved, along with too great a risk of being forgotten. And, last but most important, he obviously doesn't really care about what anyone thinks of him anyway, as demonstrated by his past off-course performance. So, after all the noise quiets down and he's back on the tournament trail, my bet is he'll go right back to being Tiger. Tigers don't change their stripes (or was that leopards and spots? I,m not sure.) So all the honeys who think they missed out don't have to worry. He'll be back to you as soon as he can be.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

1 comment:

  1. In Irish (true Irishmen don't like the word Gaelic), it is slán leat

    ReplyDelete