Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BloggeRhythms 3/10/2010

I met two long-time and dear friends for lunch today, and, naturally the question of "What's new in your life?" came up to us each.



During my reply, I mentioned my new blog. Now, these two folks are very savvy about what goes on in this world, but neither are into blogging. So, as I went along I needed to do some explaining. About the purpose, the goal -if there is one, and what's expected of a blogger and why. It was then that I realized, the questions aren't so easy to answer.



While I don't get a slew of feedback from readers yet, and maybe won't ever, I do get some. And their statements, questions and replies (on-line and off) indicate that, like most things in life, for as many of them as there are, there's different likes, dislikes and opinions about what's been written.



So, what does a blogger do? Try to put into words each day things that will please the widest number of people perhaps. Or voice opinions that are unpopular to many readers, but the true thoughts of the blogger nonetheless? Or find some innocuous tidbits in the news and list them as a public service. Is the objective to state what's on your mind, or to attract the largest number of readers?



At this point I certainly don't know the answer. But if the blog objective is truly just to simply state what's currently on your mind, while today's entry may not be the most stimulating of public opinion, it's undoubtedly about what I'm thinking.



So long for now.



Adios







No comments:

Post a Comment