Wednesday, February 6, 2013

BloggeRhythms 2/6/2013

Today’s thoughts are not about specifics but concepts regarding the administration's use of drones as weapons in the war on terrorism. The subject itself, though relatively new, is now getting serious attention from those both favorable of or firmly against the idea.
 
I’m writing it up because there’s practically nothing I’ve agreed with that the current administration has done, suggested, or plans for the future across the board . However, for several reasons, I’ve got to concur with this one.
 
In doing so, I fully realize that the typical approach of the incumbent has been to demonize, rail against, and belittle any and all aspects of his political opposition. Including instances when utilizing and adopting their ideas where feasible, he covers his acquiescence with lies and distortions. However, in this case I don’t think his usage of technological advances should be rejected purely due to party affiliation.
 
In that regard, political lines have clearly been drawn regarding troop withdrawals and reductions in the Middle-East causing many Republicans to object. I myself think it’s a significant mistake to walk away from the strategical advantages gained by our presence in the region. And our planned military departure, I suspect, are somewhat to blame for uprisings there in several places such as Libya and Egypt.
 
Nonetheless,  if employing technological advances can help maintain our image as a threat, that’s far better than complete abandonment. What’s more, as our skills advance in that aspect of warfare, we might very well accomplish some significant gains.
 
So, as I wrote at the start, this perhaps is one case where regardless of the constant politicizing seen by the incumbent as the overriding goal no matter, this might be one case where he’s actually correct for once. And as much as I’m surprised by my agreement with him here, I think it’s only right to give credit where its due. 
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment