Sunday, March 4, 2012

BloggeRhythms 3/4/2012

While sitting at my keyboard this morning, doing some bookkeeping chores, my wife informed me that she'd just read yesterday’s blog entry. She then went on, in a rather loud stream of invective, letting me know beyond any shadow of doubt she thought I was a heartless, vindictive, chauvinistic SOB, having absolutely no regard for women. She was further shocked beyond belief that I'd use a particular defenseless woman's health care cost predicament to try to make a point about the upcoming presidential election.

When finally able to get a word in edgewise amidst her tirade, I tried to make her understand my theory which obviously didn't come through in yesterday's entry. Because although I'd clearly used the woman's plight to make my case, I was merely trying to demonstrate how Rush Limbaugh had gotten himself elevated to equal status with the president of the United States.

 Because the situation as I saw it was that both the president and his press secretary made specific mention of Rush, and their disagreement with him, which to me said that they both thought him someone worth doing battle with. And therefore, if he's gotten himself to that level, Rush has arrived at the pinnacle of status in politicking.

So, to reiterate, I didn't mention yesterday's issue because it was about treatment of women, or to address their medical insurance plights, I chose it because of its meaning to Rush. And in fact, it wouldn't have mattered to me what the subject of discussion was that got the leader of the free world to take a verbal shot at a talk show host.

Therefore, as a result, all I know is that now Rush has become even more of a talking point for the public than he was. Because he's just been given considerable additional exposure and his words now merit presidential consideration, and it doesn't even really matter what he said.

Because my suspicion is that Rush is bright and clever enough to milk this situation for all its worth and then some. And since long before it happened he already had huge influence among twenty million voters, the presidential endorsement will likely add millions more. 

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment