Sunday, February 5, 2012

BloggeRhythms 2/5/2012

Not very much in the news this morning. Although the clock seems to be ticking louder in the Middle East, which leads me to think that it's likely that Israel will soon blow up Iran's nuclear bomb facilities, either by infiltration or outright attack.

As far as the Republican presidential nomination race is concerned, Romney won big in the Nevada caucus yesterday, getting about half of the total vote. Gingrich finished a distant second. But, what I thought most interesting was how Gingrich looked.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Gingrich looked quite disheveled after the Nevada vote results. Sort of like an absent minded professor or rumpled philosopher wandering through the woods. And from I've read so far today in the news, he sounded that way to reporters too. It seems many think he's put himself in a quandary regarding how to continue his campaign. Because on one hand he says he wants to stay above the infighting, and focus on the issues, while on the other he keeps slinging all the mud he can scoop up with both hands.

So, what that all leads me to conclude is that with each primary success, Romney appears to be more presidential in demeanor and style, adding to his appeal, while Gingrich lately seems to be disoriented and possibly unravelling under pressure. And, as for me, I know I'd rather have someone in the oval office who truly looked qualified to be there,  than one who seemed like he was lost and had just entered the wrong room by mistake.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment