Tuesday, February 14, 2012

BloggeRhythms 2/14/2012

I read an article by the editors of, National Review Online, which I really don't agree with. Their contention is that, Newt Gingrich, should bow out of the presidential primary race mainly because he isn't doing too well and Rick Santorum's picking up steam.

However, as I've written here often before, I truly believe that the longer that Republicans contend with each other they're still making their individual points to the public, but they're also leaving the present incumbent pretty much alone. And the way things are going for him lately, he's not only proving to be a totally incompetent "leader," his mistakes are alienating voters in droves. Consequently, without any help from his rivals he's very likely to simply self-destruct.

What was also interesting to me in the article was a paragraph containing the things they believe Mitt Romney stands for. And, here's what they wrote: "Romney is a transactional politician rather than a charismatic one. Maybe he should make the most of it: Tell conservatives what they will get out of a Romney presidency. Entitlements brought under budgetary control. A more market-oriented health-care system. Judges who know their place in the constitutional architecture. Fannie and Freddie extinguished. The defense budget protected. Tax reform, and tax relief for families."

Now, as far as I'm concerned that sounds like a pretty sound agenda, and I agree that it should make most conservatives happy, and I'd also add another couple if items. Because I myself am aware that Romney wants to push for using our own energy resources, such as oil, and stopping the erosion of our military strength.

And the funny thing about it all is that it's likely his agenda isn't all just political smoke and hype but will actually get accomplished. And if that really happens, we'll all get our nation back.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment