Sunday, February 12, 2012

BloggeRhythms 2/12/2012

I've mentioned many times recently, my belief that the most critical need for the nation right now is repairing a totally mismanaged economy. Because that paves the way for all else. And I've also stated that in my opinion, the best candidate for accomplishing that, in either political party, is Mitt Romney. However, this morning in an article on Fox News website Romney presented himself far better and more succinctly than I've been able so far.

Here's what he said, "I am the only candidate in the race who has never served a day in our broken federal government. The voters of Maine have sent a clear message that it is past time to send an outsider to the White House, a conservative with a lifetime of experience in the private sector, who can uproot Washington's culture of taxing and spending and borrowing and endless bureaucracy."

Along with Romney's win in Maine, he was also declared winner of the presidential straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference, 38 percent to Rick Santorum’s 31.

To me this was a considerable victory for Romney, because many in his party don't consider him conservative enough for them. But, if he can capture a win in the most important conservative gathering there is, I think that goes a long way to debunking that theory.

And since I'm practically certain that the only one running who has a chance of defeating the incumbent next November is Romney, I hope the voters in the remaining primary's realize that also and give him their support.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment