Saturday, February 18, 2012

BloggeRhythms 2/18/2012

I saw a blurb crawl by on my TV screen this morning indicating that Rick Santorum believes government should not be involved in redistribution of wealth, but instead people should be urged to make the best of themselves economically and improve themselves on their own.

In that regard, I agree with Santorum completely and think government should absolutely stay out of people's way altogether, and the proof of that belief is what folks have done primarily on their own to build the greatest economy the world's ever seen. While on the other hand, it couldn't be clearer that the more government gets involved, the worse things become for the nation as a whole.

But what I also find interesting about Santorum's position is that his attitude about meddling seems to only apply to economics, because in every other aspect of people's lives, especially regarding social issues, it appears he believes government should not only have significant power...but legislators should tell folks how to live.
 
And here we have in a nutshell what's wrong with what politics and government have become. Because I couldn't care less about what a politico like Santorum's social beliefs are, he can go out and swing on trees if he thinks it's the right thing to do for him. But as for me, I've been deciding what my own beliefs are for my entire life and it not only doesn't matter to me what any electee thinks, since I have no intention of listening to them -now or ever- Santorum can go take a hike.

That's it for today folks.

 Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment