Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BloggeRhythms 11/1/2011

A few months ago, I mentioned that I used to sit and chat with a guy pretty often at a local place, and our little talks covered a wide range of subjects. And since we were both usually well-informed and up to date regarding politics, it was a regular topic.

Sometimes our ideas and predictions, while simply conversation to us, turned out to be accurate to the extent that we thought the place we were in was bugged and movers and shakers were actually listening to us. Now naturally, we were well aware that it simply wasn't so, but we did get a lot of laughs between ourselves while we promoted our self-importance.

The reason I mention the subject today is that over the past few months I've noted here fairly often that I've never grasped the value or purpose of political debates, other than for those who like to watch pre-programmed performers smear each other with rhetoric. And I've stated very clearly that there's enough information around on every candidate establishing exactly what they're all about that if they debated forever, it would never change their stripes. But much more important, I think it's beyond ridiculously naive to believe whatever any politician says or tries to promise...so what's the point of listening to reams of campaign tripe?

And then this morning, I came across this item about comments Rick Perry made regarding his poor performance in Iowa. This is what he said: "We've got a great debater, a smooth politician in the White House right now, that's not working really good for America. If you want to know how someone is going to perform in the future, take a look at their past."

And this is from one of Perry's ads: "If you're looking for a slick politician or a guy with great teleprompter skills, we already have that -and he's destroying our economy. I'm a doer, not a talker. In Texas we created 40 percent of the new jobs in the entire country since June of 2009. And we cut a record 15 billion dollars from our state budget. Now they say we can't do that in Washington. We'll they're wrong, and they need to go."

So, my thought for today is, that maybe my pal and I really were being bugged way back when, and maybe those same folks are monitoring my blog right now. And if that's really the case, and my inputs actually help Mr. Perry win the oval office, do I get a cabinet post out of this? And if not, does anyone out there know where I should send him a bill?

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment