Thursday, November 10, 2011

BloggeRhythms 11/10/2011

There was another Republican debate last night, which I didn't watch, but recaps say that this time around the candidates focused on their Democrat opposition instead of trying to shred each other.

Apparently, from what I've read, all contestants took pretty much the same approach and presented solutions and ideas that in summation are geared to unwind and reverse every single law, program and enactment of the current administration. And, as far as I'm concerned if any of them can actually do that, I really don't care which one it is. The only wish I have is that they do it quick while we still have some of our nation left.

There is one part of last night's show that I'm sorry I'm missed, however, because it seems that Rick Perry forgot one of the agencies he'd eliminate while listing three he'd close. He mentioned the departments of Commerce and Education, but couldn't recall the name of the Energy Department, which the recap said created an uncomfortable moment on the stage.

When I read about Perry's gaffe this morning, although he only had a lapse of the moment, I think it did a great deal to define his capability to be leader of the free world. Because I had this vision of his chairing a cabinet meeting and ordering the shutting down of what he believed was a worthless department, and then waking up a few nights later and asking himself "Now, which of those goldarned things did I tell them to shut down? Ah sure hope it wasn't Treasury or Defense."

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment