Sunday, November 27, 2011

BloggeRhythms 11/27/2011

Still nothing much in the news, but I caught a few minutes of Ed Wallace's show on Fox. And he must read this blog too, because the subect his panel of experts was discussing was the Gingrich/Bachmann flap over illegal immigration.

However, the thing that caught my eye was something said by Bill Kristol, conservatve founder and editor of the political magazine The Weekly Standard and a regular commentator on the Fox News Channel.

Kristol said, however the debate winds up, he doubts millions of illegals will ever be deported because they've built lives here, have homes, familys, etc. since they've arrived, which is pretty much in line with the amnesty Gingrich wants to give them.

What interested me though, was not so much the illegals themselves, because I'm sure there are plenty of upstanding folks in their ranks just like any other group in society. But my focus is on the law. Because either we have laws or we don't, and either people obey them at will or not. But, if diobedienece is alright in this case, why not in any other way you can think of?

So, I don't think illegals should be deported because of who the folks are, I think anyone who breaks laws should be subject to whatever consequences are involved. And if that's not the case, but instead people can choose which laws they want to obey, tomorrow I'm parking my car on the sidewalk because it's closer to the front of my favorite store.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment