Saturday, November 26, 2011

BloggeRhythms 11/26/2011

I think it's pretty amazing that when the holidays arrive, it seems that either nothing important happens anywhere, or nobody cares because they've all got better things to do.

And as I type this, an idea occurred to me. Why not have more holidays declared, perhaps once or twice a week. That way folks would be otherwise occupied, leave each other alone, and the world would be better for it. Simply having Congress shut down makes life far simpler and worthwhile.

But since there's not much going on, I really had to scrounge around to find something to blog about. And what I found isn't really important, but does confirm one of my earlier entry's this week in which I said now that Gingrich's topping some polls I didn't think it would be long before competitors began digging up his less than stellar past.

And just today, Michelle Bachmann stood by her claim that he supports "amnesty" for illegal immigrants, digging up a letter the former House speaker signed nearly eight years ago, after he said she was "misrepresenting."

Gingrich, who said at a Republican presidential primary debate that the U.S. should afford some illegal immigrants a pathway to legal status, has now "clarified" that he only wants to open that door for some illegal immigrants who have been in the country 25 years or more.

In an interview with Fox News, Bachmann cited a 2004 letter Gingrich co-authored supporting then-President George W. Bush's immigration plan. The letter applauded Bush's proposed guest-worker program, while endorsing "paths to permanent residence to enable more workers to stay, assimilate, and become part of America." The letter, published in The Wall Street Journal, praised Bush for recognizing that "those already working here outside the law are unlikely to leave."

Now, I really haven't much interest in what either Bachmann or Gingrich have to say about anything, ever. And frankly, I doubt either either one will win any kind of nomination. My only point in the matter is that the situation is evidence of my original thought, that sooner or later Gingrich's history will be exposed and broadcast, and he'll be shown as the two-bit phony loudmouth political hack he is.

In the meantime though, he'll get another fifteen minutes and Bachmann will keep milking hers. And as for me I'll just sit here waiting for something important to happen somewhere else because neither of today's subjects are worth the keystrokes.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment