Friday, March 8, 2013

BloggeRhythms 3/8/2013

Gee whiz! What a surprise to find out just now that according to CBS 2 New York’s website via Drudge, officials told them that “nearly 80 percent of those who graduate from city high schools arrived at City University’s community college system without having mastered the skills to do college-level work.
 
In sheer numbers it means that nearly 11,000 kids who got diplomas from city high schools needed remedial courses to re-learn the basics.”
 
Now, as regular readers know, I write quite often about the deterioration of reading, comprehension and most other skills in most folks, not just high-school students. In fact, I suspect that even the college level standards aren’t too high, because most “educators“ today throughout the system aren’t too well trained themselves.
 
I mention this not because I really care about what all these folks have done to themselves by continually reducing standards, watering down education and permitting unions to literally destroy the system. I only bring it up because the new data simply confirms that I’ve been right all along, and being right makes me feel good.
 
On the other hand, as a practical matter. I’ve truly enjoyed the continual diminishing skills of most of those I encounter professionally. Because it makes it so much easier to compete in the business world, and I appreciate every edge I can get. So, if folks are satisfied, sit still and take it while others dumb them down, I hope they keep that mind-set forever. Because it makes things so much simpler for me.
 
Along the same lines, a question popped into my head last night out of nowhere. “How many democrats does it take to screw in a lightbulb?”
 
Now, I don’t know the actual answer, but I started trying to figure it out. For instance, Is the bulb replacement at home or in a work environment? Because at home you might only need two or three. One to read the instructions on the lightbulb sleeve, one to do the actual replacement, and perhaps one more to oversee the process and critique the performance of those directly involved.
 
In the workplace however, it’s a whole ‘nother story. Especially if it’s in a union shop. First a study would have to be done to determine what kind of bulbs are environmentally friendly. Then comparisons would be required to optimize cost-effectiveness, while others gather lists of worker-friendly suppliers. 
 
Then of course the installation would have to be performed by a qualified electrician along with any needed assistance, such as a ladder holder perhaps.
 
So, as you think through the process step-by-step, you soon realize that what you might assume is a simple task, becomes quite complex when fulfilled by typical democrats.
 
On the other hand, though, if you look at the intricacies of the nation’s budget and fiscal condition and ask how many democrats are required to dismantle it completely, we’re finding out that it takes only one.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment