Saturday, November 24, 2012

BloggeRhythms 11/24/2012

My entry for yesterday got me thinking further about how little the incumbent knows about how our economy works, or worse, perhaps a purposeful plan to do the nation significant fiscal damage.
 
But rather than going down some road of dire negative speculation, let’s assume ignorance is the cause of his horrendous fiscal mistakes and not some devious plot of ruination of the successful among us.
 
That premise reminded me again of things that took place in my own career, and how many times various experiences not only helped me succeed, but provided a path to benefitting others. And to this day, I recall clearly my initiation into the equipment leasing and financing business.
 
My previous experience entailed the sale, rental and financing of fork lift trucks, which on their own are relatively costly items, many transactions involving more than $10,000. However, moving on to providing financing for all kinds of equipment raised the bar considerably, whereas many contracts involved hundreds of thousands of dollars, sometimes reaching into seven figures.
 
When early on in my new career, I mentioned to my employer that at times the sheer size of the deals was intimidating, and therefore a testing of shaky nerves, he replied that it was simply a matter of what he called “exposure,” and that with a little practice I’d soon be performing without a hitch, due to the education acquired as I grew into my new vocation. As it turned out, he was absolutely right.
 
Over the years, if nothing else, I’ve never forgotten the help I’ve received from him and others along the way, and how all of that input permitted me to do better and better, to the extent that, in turn, I continually try to pass that knowledge on, as well.
 
And that’s why the incumbent’s performance is so alien and upsetting to me at present. Because instead of admitting, even if only to himself in the dark, that he ought to learn how to make things better for everyone, he prefers to demonize those who succeed. And in that manner he further cripples half the population who could be doing far more to self-support instead of trying to tear down other’s achievements.
 
However, what’s far worse for him is that, one way or another, the successful among us will find a way to self-sustain and prevail, they always do. But the rest will deteriorate at even a faster pace. Which means that when all’s said and done, the incumbent will preside over nothing. Because he not only doesn’t help those who voted him in, he won’t even try to help himself improve.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment