Sunday, January 15, 2012

BloggeRhythms 1/15/2012

Sometimes I regret the fact that I'm not a gambler. But, I fortunately learned a long time ago that betting my hard-earned money on what I thought other folks were going to do, such as sports teams, horses and jockeys or card dealers, was something over which I had no control and didn't really make much sense. Consequently, I don't ever do it.

Nonetheless, sometimes things work out almost exactly as I expected, such as yesterday's playoff game in New England, my forecast of which I explained in yesterday's entry. However I still didn't bet though I should have.

For me, there were only two surprises in the whole game. I thought Denver would score less points then they did, I actually expected them to be shut out. And New England scored less than I guessed, so maybe the frigid conditions tired them out, or perhaps they just got bored facing such a weak defense and recording six touchdowns.

But for me, the most important thing was that the game demonstrated that while dumb luck and hope sometimes appear to accomplish things in the short run, when push really comes to shove, the proven, poised and most experienced  generally rise to the top. And in that regard, there was no comparison between the two contenders.

Tom Brady's led his team to many important wins by applying his vast experience and skills, and did that again last night. Tebow, on the other hand, appeared to spend most of the game looking lost and confused, especially while wondering how he could be hit simultaneously by so many defenders. There were times when he must have felt like a pinata, but that's what happens when you try to play a team sport by yourself.

In closing, I have to say that for a lifelong Jet fan -going all the way back to the first time they suited up as the Titans- I've always despised New England, and rooted against them fervently to this day. However, curiosity got the better of me, or I never would have even watched the game. But hatred is one thing, and respect is another and therefore, I've got to say that by any measure it's going to be a long, long, long time before Tebow gets to the level of Brady, if ever, and yesterday certainly proved that point.  

Nonetheless, in the coming Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay will prevail over New England and get me off the hook for temporarily rooting for Brady for the first time in my life.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment