Monday, July 25, 2011

BloggeRhythms 7/25/2011

I ran across a blurb in the news I had to read several times before I believed what I'd seen, but it turned out that I'd indeed seen an accurate quote from a Democrat politician.

The Fox News blurb said, "Vermont Senator, Bernie Sanders, said in a radio interview that he's thinking about trying to encourage somebody to run against President Obama in a primary election, claiming the president has drifted toward Republican positions because "no one will stand up to him."

Now, I've got to believe that someone who thinks that the president's absolute refusal to consider any deal that doesn't include tax hikes on the rich, doesn't specify cuts to spending programs and his reneging on adjustments to social security and medicare is moving to the right needs to be committed to some kind of institution for the terminally stupid.

This guy, whoever he is, has also seen the president break the economy's back, kill the job market and do horrendous economic damage to anyone who's successful. Beyond that, he's driven fuel costs on a continuing upward spiral by shutting off new drilling, made us dependent on foreign oil, ruined the best health care system in the world, and forced most major corporations to invest overseas for growth and caused them to refuse to spend any more than they must into the economy here.

What's more, thanks to presidential pressure, the combined un and under employment presently totals about twenty percent of the workforce and almost no economists expect that number to greatly reduce anytime soon.

So, what is it exactly that this evidently deranged Senator wants? Are we supposed to deteriorate further until we become a third world nation? Should we make prosperity a criminal offense? And who is it that gets anything good when a nation fails economically? I just don't understand the goal. Because I simply can't figure out why anyone would worship failure.

But, back to the point. If this guy's seriously looking for someone who's to the left of the president, I think he'll have a pretty tough time in his search. Because I just looked up Karl Marx, who's the only one I can think of who meets the standard, but I found out he's been dead since 1883.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment