Friday, July 15, 2011

BloggeRhythms 7/15/2011

The judge presiding in former major league pitcher, Roger Clemens', case declared a mistrial Thursday, after prosecutors showed jurors evidence the judge had ruled out of bounds. Clemens is being tried for lying to Congress when testifying about using steroids during his career.

Now, I really don't care very much about the case because I gave up on baseball when two things happened that ruined the sport for me. The first was the way free agency was handled by both the major leagues and the players, because money immediately became the only thing that mattered to either side. And consequently, the fans were no longer considered, nor were the teams, because player's loyalties immediately switched to their agents who now control the game. In turn, that changed my attitude to one very similar to theirs: The players don't give a damn about me any more as a fan...so to hell with all of them in return.

Aside from that, I no longer remember the year, but I distinctly recall the Boston Red Sox showing up for the World Series looking like thugs. Their hair was longer than my daughter's, they hadn't shaved all season and looked like they were members of Hell's Angels. Now, don't get me wrong. I wasn't born under a rock and I'm not naive, in fact I've been in plenty of fights with guys a lot tougher than any of those baseball players. Nonetheless, there's something important about tradition. So, if you want to dress and act like a guy who works the docks that's okay with me, go work there. But if you want to play major league baseball do it like a pro, not some grade-B movie actor who looks and acts like a bearded wuss.

And now, back to Clemens.

In spite of my being almost totally unaware of what goes on in today's baseball, I saw a headline about the trial. And that caught my eye because I couldn't believe that Congress was trying a national figure because he supposedly lied to them. And I certainly know that when it comes to those in government, there's quite a huge double standard. But this case goes far beyond that.

Because if Clemens isn't re-tried or is otherwise found guilt free, he'll likely be elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. And I think another Hall should be built for world class fabricators, which would include just about everyone who ever held political office. And even Clemens couldn't measure up to them in their game, where not one of them ever tells the truth about anything and never will.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment