Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BloggeRhythms 4/6/2011

The more the ball gets bounced back and forth in the government shutdown game, the more ridiculous the players look. And, the more information that comes out about who'll be affected should it actually occur, the more you realize that a shutdown hardly matters at all. With all the special exceptions and emergency procedures nothing will really stop at all, unless perhaps you should need a passport in the middle of the night.

As for me, I dearly hope the shutdown happens. And although we'll never find out who's really responsible for government not doing its job properly to begin with, at least there might be some public backlash for once, putting both parties on notice. But I guess that's too much to pray for, because the probability is the event won't take place. And even if it does, they'll fix it fast and smooth it over, then back to non-business as usual again.

But whatever the case, since this situation focuses on the budget itself, I have a suggestion for everyone. Though I'm not even attempting to highlight any items on the list of what taxpayer's actually fund, because that would require hundreds of pages...I think each of us should look up that information themselves. And what will be discovered is an incredible bottomless pit where dollars are thrown without any apparent thought. The redundancies of programs alone likely runs into billions.

And when we're all informed, perhaps the magnitude of financial mismanagement in government will start to become understood by the public. Because this country didn't sink itself monetarily, it had a huge amount of help. And I know I take great consideration when it comes to what I earn and spend, and if I want to throw my money away, at the very least, I want to do it myself.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment